Family Lawyers and Mediators Brisbane

  • brisbane family lawyers.png
  • collaborative 2.jpg
  • property settlement 3-1.jpg
  • property settlement button 2.jpg

Arrange for a consultation.
Complete the form and submit to our office.

  1. Name*
    Enter the First Name
  2. Email*
    Enter the email address
  3. Phone No*
    Enter the contact number
  4. Message*
    Enter the message
  5. Captcha
    Invalid Input

CALL - 07 3804 3244

or ask us to call you

Request callback

Visited Office at Helensvale Gold Coast


Property Settlement Family Lawyers in Brisbane
Specialising in Separation Financial Agreements

We specialise in divorce property settlements and relationship law.  We provide advice and help with family law property settlements following separation including Family Law Act financial agreements, consent orders, dealing with financial property settlements following divorce through negotiation, mediation, collaborative law or litigation in the Family Law Courts.

The Partners of FLMS discuss the Philosophy of the lawyers at


Property Settlements Following Separation - What to do?

First of all seek advice and don't become overwhelmed. Make sure that your actions are reasonable so as not to lead into serious conflict (which might lead to unnecessary Court proceedings). If you are contemplating separation you should seek advice from a competent family law solicitor.
If you and your partner are not able to reach a property settlement agreement about how to resolve your property issues you should seek legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances. Be wary of advice to commence court proceedings without first considering your other options. Initial legal advice then Mediation and Collaborative Law should be the first port of call in most cases, except where family violence and/or abuse of children and protection of assets would prevent that approach.
If you have reached an agreement regarding property issues you should formalise the agreement to ensure that all financial issues are finalised between you in accordance with the provisions of the Family Law Act. This can be achieved by way of Consent Orders or a Financial Agreement (sometimes called a Binding Financial Agreement or separation agreement). Without a legal end to property issues litigation in the Family Court will remain a possibility even if you are divorced.

Contact us for:
  • Advice on your legal position - telephone or email us;
  • Mediation of your property issues;
  • Advice on how to deal with your family law (property and childrens) issues through the Collaborative Law process.
  • Advice on how to minimise and/or remove the possibility of future litigation by way of Consent Orders or a Financial Agreement.
  • Prenuptial Agreements, Financial Agreements during a marriage. Defacto and same sex agreements before entering a defacto relationship, during the relationship or upon the breakdown of a relationship.
After all, your financial future will depend upon the quality of the professional assistance you obtain. Where property and children's issues are in dispute it is imperative that you are properly informed of all of the methods of resolving the issues in dispute.
We are committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for you and your family through alternative dispute resolution methods unless Court proceedings are indicated by the facts of your particular case.


Visit our Family Law Help website for more answers